The Blessing mix will be in this great little package and placed in front of the plates for all my guest.
The package is 4 x 4
1.) Cut cardstock 10 1/2 by 4
2.) score at 3/4, 2 1/2 and 6 1/2
3.) Assemble favor.
Thanksgiving Blessing Mix Recipe
2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks2 cups small pretzels
1 cup candy corn
1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds
1 cup M&Ms-brand chocolate candy
16 Hershey's-brand chocolate kisses
Once I have mixed this all together I then place the mix in small cellophane bags and place inside the favor box and staple before I decorate the facing of the favor.
I then attach the poem on the back side of the favor.
Thanksgiving Blessing Mix
- Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
- Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
- Candy corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
- Nuts or seeds: Promise of a a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
- Dried fruits: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
- M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
- Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
I will have detailed instruction this week so be sure to check back.